I . Mercury is the most toxic metal we know (more than Arsenic)
2. Mercury from amalgam comes out at a rate which can easily cause toxic Mercury poisoning.
3. Mercury vapor is the main way that mercury comes out of amalgam.
4. Mercury vapor is absorbed at a rate of 80% through the lungs into the arterial blood.
5. Mercury is cytotoxic, it kills cells.
6. Mercury from amalgam binds to -SH (sulphvdryl) groups. These exist in almost every enzymatic process in the body.
7. There is NO safe level of Mercury Vapor.
8. Mercury from amalgam will thus have the potential to disturb all metabolic processes.
9. Mercury from amalgam is transported freely via the blood.
10. Mercury vapor is absorbed directly into the brain.
11. Mercury from amalgam causes long term low level mercury poisoning – Micro Mercurialism.
12. Mercury from amalgam crosses and destroys the blood brain carrier.
13. Mercury from amalgam is implicated in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer’s Disease.
14. Mercury from amalgam is stored preferentially in the fetus and infant before the mother.
15. Mercury from amalgam is stored in the breast milk and the fetus up to 8 times more than the mother’s tissues.
16. Mercury from amalgam (all forms) crosses the placenta.
17. Mercury from amalgam crosses into breast milk.
18. Mercury from amalgam will severely reduce reproductive function.
19. Mercury from amalgam rapidly depletes the immune system..
20. Mercury from amalgam will induce a number of Auto immune diseases.
21. Mercury from amalgam will cause an increase in number and severity of allergies.
22, Mercury from amalgam is stored principally in the kidneys, liver and brain.
23. Mercury from amalgam causes kidney damage.
24. Mercury from amalgam will cause a 50% reduction in kidney filtration as shown in a study of sheep after amalgam placement
25. Methyl Mercury is more toxic than elemental Mercury.
26. Mercury from amalgam is methylated in the mouth and many other areas of the body.
27. After chewing, mercury vapor levels will remain at least another 90 minutes.
28. Newer high copper amalgams release Mercury 50 times faster than the old amalgams.
29. Mercury from amalgam will migrate through the tooth.
30. This rate is increased if gold crown is placed over a tooth filled with amalgam.
31. Teeth are living tissue and are a part of our bodies.
32. Teeth have a massive communication via blood, lymph and nerves with the rest of the body.
33. Mercury comes out of Silver amalgam fillings at a minimum rate of 3 to 17 mcg / day. (WHO 1991)
34. Mercury from amalgam is absorbed and retained in the body at a rate of at least 1 microgram per surface of amalgam filling per day. Mercury release is increased by increases in temperature, friction and increase in electrical currents.
35. Mercury from amalgam will enter the body as elemental Mercury, inorganic Mercury, vapor or charged Mercury ions.
36. Mercury from Amalgam is stored preferentially in the pituitary gland and Hypothalamus.
37. Micro Mercurialism is principally characterized by Neurological symptoms.
38. Mercury from amalgam is transposed along the axons of nerve fibers.
39. Mercury from amalgam may be stored in every cell in the body. Each area affected will produce its own set of symptoms.
40. Mercury from amalgam binds to hemoglobin in the red blood cell thus reducing oxygen carrying capacity.
41. Mercury from amalgam damages blood vessels reducing blood supply to the tissues
42. Amalgam fillings produce electrical currents which are themselves injurious to health.
43. These currents are measurable in Micro Amps. The Central Nervous System (Brain) operates in the range of Nano-Amps which are one thousand times less than a Micro Amp.
44. Mercury from amalgam will induce Antibiotic Resistance in bacteria in the mouth and Gastrointestinal tract.
45. Brain levels of mercury are in a direct linear proportion to the number of surfaces of amalgam fillings in the mouth.
46. Mercury from amalgam will cause single strand breaks in DNA.
47. Mercury levels in the body can not be assessed by either blood or urine levels.
48. Mercury from amalgam fillings is the single greatest source of dietary mercury for the general population (WHO criteria 118., 1991).
There is no safe form of Mercury!
Authorized by the Australian Society of Oral Medicine and Toxicology